RFSL Stockholm has an immigrant advisor who works with HIV issues, among other things. The advisor’s work is mainly aimed at migrant LGBT people. The advisor also works with Swedish and English-speaking Swedes with a foreign background. You can contact our advisor if you have any queries about coming out, safer sex, HIV and sexually transmitted infections. You can also talk about what it’s like living with HIV. Apart from providing information, the advisor also works with support contacts and social work. The advisor offers both personal and group sessions, such as information meetings. You can contact our advisor by phone and e-mail. Appointments cost SEK 100 a visit if you’re working, but no more than SEK 1,200 a year. If you’re a student, unemployed, on sick leave, a senior citizen, an asylum seeker or without papers, appointments are free of charge. To meet the immigrant advisor, you must make an appointment by phone or e-mail.  The immigrant advisor can give consultations in Swedish, English and Spanish. If these don’t correpond to you needs, an interpreter can be arranged for the language of your convenience. Telephone: 08-501 629 56 E-post: pablo.leiva(at) Addres: Sveavägen 59, second floor, Stockholm. Take the green metroline to the Rådmansgatan station. Look for the rainbow flag hanging above Lidl. There is a door bell there. Welcome!  



Rape or sexual assault can happen in many different ways, and the person who does it can be anyone from a complete stranger to someone close to you. It doesn’t matter how you’re dressed, whether you’ve drunk alcohol or taken drugs, it’s never your fault! Everyone who’s been sexually assaulted, go to the emergency department at Södersjukhuset as soon as possible. If you’re a girl go to the AVK emergency department for assaulted/raped women, which is also at Södersjukhuset. They also help transgender people. If you’re unsure which clinic to go to, go to the emergency room (Akuten) Södersjukhuset. What to do Go to Södersjukhuset’s Akuten or AVK department. If you have physical injuries they’ll be treated there. If you want to make a police report and haven’t already done so, the police will be called. Don’t forget that you can always register an assault afterwards, but it may make the police investigation more difficult. At the emergency department you’ll be offered an examination. It’s voluntary but recommended not only for your health, but also so that any evidence can be recorded. HIV and STIs If you’re HIV negative or unsure of your HIV status, PEP treatment may be a good idea. This is a good but strong treatment that considerably reduces the risk of HIV being transmitted. The sooner treatment begins the better, but it must be within 36 hours. It may also be a good idea to get tested for sexually transmitted infections, and after three months you can take an HIV test. […]



Many people living with HIV find they need to talk to someone about their situation. You may feel this way when you first find out, or a long while after. Posithiva Gruppen offers chats and friends’ support, and organizes various events. Check out their website for more details and the latest program. Or check out the Sexperterna Plus profile on or the RFSL Chat room for support from guys who themselfs live with HIV. Noaks Ark Direkt is a phone service you can call, whether or not you’re living with HIV. You can be anonymus and it is free of charge. The phone nr is 020-78 44 40.

Popular categories